Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Saturday was…

This is an old post but I thought I'd re-post it for this weeks blog this challenge


We have many plastic bins with lids to sort the kids’ toys. One for Lego, one for Barbie, one for Polly Pocket etc. Keeping things sorted is the hard thing...

This morning I walked into one of the bedrooms and the door knocked over one of the plastic containers… Hmmm bits and piece of everything spilled onto the floor…

When I investigated further most of the toy and bit and pieces were out of the boxes and on the floor.

Grrrr kids! [outside playing] Decide to do it myself… Start sorting… Polly… Barbie… Dolls clothing that needs a wash…

Take the dirty dolly clothes to the basket, basket overflowing remember I was going to do a couple of loads of washing, begin to sort dirty clothes…find some clean shirts (miss 6 being lazy)… shake them out…

Take the clean shirts to my daughter’s cupboard to hang them and notice its bulging. Check the sizes and pull out all the size 4’s (the clothes that miss 6 has finally grown)…

Make 2 piles one to put away for miss 2 to grow into and one pile to give to a friend… Take one pile to box… box is full… find a new box… notice a pile of books on the floor…

Pick up books and put them on the shelf… where was that box for clothes?

Kids come in and are ready to start making a magnificent craft creation...

Get them to clear their desks and pull out the bits and pieces needed… oh, still need a box for clothes…

Go back to full box, seal and label… notice dish drainer full…

Clear dish drainer ‘Cut this please mum, stick this for me, hold this while I glue it’ …

Cut, stick and glue....notice sink is full…

Start to wash dishes, stopping regularly to help the little crafty ones...

Back to the dishes… now, where is a new box?

Find a new box to put size 4’s into. Place clothes for friend on table… see a box of hand-me-downs from big cousin - hair bands, clips and jewellery….

Begin to sort big cousin’s pass ons between three girls… OH the dishes…

Return to finish washing dishes… middle child has crafty meltdown … put her in timeout… MIL rings…

Chat chat chat…bye… remember I was doing a load of washing…

Go back to sorting the washing … oh, I was thinking about visiting Mum today – my sister’s kids will be there…

Ring Mum, as I put the washing in the machine. While chatting, notice more books on the floor…

Hang up, pick up books and put on the shelf, see hair bands which have now become bangles on my boy????? See sealed and labeled box …

Pick up the size 4 box and put it… well somewhere to get it out of the way… see the computer…

Check email, sit for a minute or two… Dad rings…

Mum had to rush to her mother (my Grandma) – she’d pressed her emergency button…

I pretty much drop everything and head out to Mums incase I need to sit my niece and nephew if Mum has stay with Grandma…

Arrive… Grandma OK… Mum home…Sister, Brother in law, neice and nephew all there...

RELAX…see boxes that need sorting at mums…

Size 2’s for my miss2…while I’m at it, I decide to sort through all the girl boxes stored at mums…

Return home at dark to… what I’d left…

Which would be OK if this was a one off … but this is how I live… multi-tasking not finishing much…starting lots…


2010 Goal… become a finisher…

12 comments:

  1. neat!
    life is similar to everyone!
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolol This is so funny, how many things did you "start"!!! I get easily distracted too and move from one thing to another!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - sounds very familiar from when my kids were little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I don't make to do lists I can't finish anything. They help keep me focused.

    Weekend Reflections - Green Beer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so much like one of my days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is how I live my life too. I am challenged to be a finisher in 2010 too. Great post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might be an older post but it shows how repetitive life can be at times! This is every weekend for lots of us!

    Great post Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can really identify with this!

    As I would say to my dh "welcome to my world"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Children have grown up and left home but still I can relate to your daily life!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to laugh all the way through this, too much truth and myself in your post today. Fortunately I married the finisher. I start stuff and get distracted and move on to start something new. My husband follows behind me and finishes what I start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Michelle, I am glad someone else has this "ishew"! Lovely challenge entry!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....