Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Happy Birthday to me!


Happy Birthday to me!

The one day in the year to celebrate ME!!!!!

I began to think we wouldn’t do anything special because the weather hasn’t lent itself to a picnic or getting out and about. I was beginning to think this year would be a day not much different to every other day of the year.

A couple of days ago I set a challenge for a few friends including myself. … Date night… the challenge was that everyone was to plan or go on a date with their hubby over the next week. With my birthday coming up I thought it would be the perfect opportunity. I began to plan, booking in hubby first, but he was somewhat difficult and said he wanted to organise it then proceeded to do nothing! (so I thought)

Have I mentioned that I hate surprises?

What does any good wife do when nothing has been planned for her birthday – yep I cried! One date, a couple of hours, one night that’s all I wanted.

Hubby caved and told me that I’m just too hard to surprise (I don’t like surprises – ya think he’d get that in 14 years)

He’s booked lunch! We’re off to lunch with family and then my Mum and Dad are taking the kids are hubby and I are staying in a hotel for the night … Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! ….Where… I don’t know – he tells me he’s forgotten the name (liar!)

As for my challenge… I’ve still got to organise a date with hubby.

Oh, and if you’d like to give me a gift for my birthday, just head to that little box on the right hand side of my blog where you can sponsor me for the Live Free Walk.

23 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Michelle! I don't like surprises either, but it takes a special man to plan a surprise like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy YOUR day. I'll be happy to sponsor your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie! Enjoy the entire day :)

    I'll pop over & sponsor you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday!!!
    Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you! Enjoy every second of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Michelle!

    Your husband sounds a darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Michelle! I don't really like surprises either. It sounds like you're going to have a great birthday celebration.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Embrace the suprise element...live dangeoursly!!!! Enjoy your one day a year to celebrate you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday. What a lovely husband you have. Enjoy your lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Michelle! Have a great time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey babe, Happy Birthday. Hope you were spoilt rotten today. Mwahs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday!!!!! Hope you have a lovely night tonight you lucky lucky thing!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday. Hope you had a fantastic lunch and day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! I love surprises, but I have been exactly where you are. I assume my husband has done nothing (and usually I'm right!), but every once and a while I am happily surprised.

    Happy Birthday! It's all about you today.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy birthday! Sorry i haven't read blogs in a while. Glad you had a special birthday with the hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a little belated with my wishes but I hope you had a wonderful birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday! I'm glad your husband planned such a special time for the two of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY LADY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you thank you thankyou
    You are all so lovely!
    You have all just made my Birthday just that little bit more precious!
    I so so so appreciate those of you who have sponsored me in the walk.
    Be blessed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh yes!!! I do have an amazing fabulous hot hubby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday! Hope you had an extra special day and were spoiled by your hubby and little ones! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....