Sunday, February 28, 2010

Plain Pursuit by Beth Wiseman

This book has a very simple story line where tragedy happens and Carley Marek is forced to take a holiday. She decides to stay with an Amish friend. Then another tragedy occurs. This is where Carley meets Dr Noah and soon they fall in love. It is quite predictable and in line with what you’d expect from classic romance novels.

What got me was how Beth Wiseman drew me in. I was completely absorbed by the book until I turned the last page! There were many ups and downs that I didn’t see coming which intrigued me and had me turning the pages with expectation.

I found some of the thoughts and language used for the men a little unrealistic, although I have never met an Amish man so I could be very wrong in thinking that.
There is a thread in the book about a letter that Dr Noah sent to his brother. This thread was beautifully woven in and out of the story line and only revealed at the end with great effect.

This book has a great message about simplifying things a little and following your heart. A good romance novel that isn't too sappy.



This book was provided for me to read (free) and review by Thomas Nelson Publishers through BookSneeze


You may have noticed I have a donation box on the left hand side. On the 17th of April the kids and I will be walking 5 kilometres to raise money for Teen Challenge. The See Her Live Free program is building a home to house young women suffering from life altering problems. It’s a place where they can go to get back on their feet – there is no home like this in Queensland. Please sponsor me… I’ll love you forever if you do!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read, Michelle. I like it when the romance isn't too sappy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again - because I have no brain & forgot to mention it 20 seconds ago! I have an award for you over at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I'm drawn into a book even through I know it is very formulaic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a free book to read! I agree with Corrie; even though a book may be predictable, that does not mean it isn't engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book and have FINALLY got my review of it up on my blog! It was a little predictable but really enjoyable. The Amish lingo got to me a bit but otherwise all good!!

    www.momentsformum.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....