Thursday, February 11, 2010

Straight from the shelf

Have you ever stopped to remember which book it was that caught your attention? A book that you couldn’t put down, a book that perhaps gave you the desire to become a writer. Has there been one special book that triggered your desire to read?


Recently over on Tabitha Bird’s blog she asked a similar question.

I was filled with pure innocent joy when, for the first time, I read a book that brought words to life on paper, it was James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl.

It just so happens that I have two copies on my book shelf so I’m giving one away to one of my lovely followers…

You get the gist? If you are a follower leave a comment answering one of my questions above and I’ll use random.org to decide on the winner. ( you are welcome to become a follower if you aren’t already) It’s that easy!

Yes this is a well read book, yes it has writing on the front cover, yes the pages are yellowed and yes it has that delicious old book smell mmmmmm

This absolutely amazing give-a-way will close at 6pm Sunday night (Queensland, Australia time) and I will announce the winner on Monday 15th.

5 comments:

  1. In answer to both your questions, my book would have to be Charlotte's Web by EB White. I love it so much that I actually read it again (and from the original book I got in primary school) about 6 years ago. I am looking forward to reading it to Jasmine, and also getting her to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww.
    Don't put me in the running I just wanted to say I remember you getting this book. It was the first 'Book Club' book Mum ever bought for you...I think it was even before you started school??
    Just saw you as a little girl again, you were so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I remember it...you were still little and CUTE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have my first favorite book. It was a German picture book of Cinderella. I loved it.

    Flash 55 - Priorities

    Flash 55 - So Sorry

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....