Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Electronic Brain

This year we have registered with a distance ed college after spending last year unregistered (well kind of), free falling and unsupported. We did really well without the support and although I don't think we need it I do love the resources they offer us, and having a teacher ready to assist is comforting. This was our first taste of what they have in the library.


The Electronic Brain Box.


I love it because it’s science in a box.



The kids learnt all sorts of interesting circuit information through playing.


They loved it so much that I’m thinking about purchasing one. But I guess then the novelty would wear off. Maybe I’m better just to keep borrowing from the DE library now and then.

7 comments:

  1. that looks ike great fun. Who are you going through for distance education?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children look very engrossed in their science lesson. A great way to learn, engaging their thoughts through play. Future scientists maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to follow you on Twitter, but I got a message that "Twitter is stressing out and temporarily disabled."

    I'm @Pickletalks.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a Jesus follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am going to have to see if I can find that game somewhere. I wonder if I can?

    Glad to see the kids having such a good time while learning. That is the best part of homeschooling!

    Have a great day/night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun! I would probably hold off on buying if you can borrow for free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello michelle.. thanks for dropping by again.. lovely to know you're as close as a click! I've tried to leave a message on yr blog a couple of times but i don't think i was successful.. hope this one goes through!

    by the way it's a year since you were down here come tomorrow night!! the weather's identical too..

    i L O V E the bookends!!. are they all yours? it's inspired me to take a pit of my shelf too!! stay tuned....

    as for a good maths site, have you thought of signing up with mathletics.com.au..? we use it at school and the kids just love it.. you set tasks for the skills you want them to master and they do the rest.. when they get through the task they go on mathletics live and play against kids from all over the world..

    i am not sure what the cost is though..
    love kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter won one of these in a coloring competition. My kids loved it too. I'd definitely buy more of them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....