Friday, January 15, 2010

Meow

Friday Flash Fiction

‘Meow.’


The cat’s purr, vibrated the pages in the book I was reading. My cat never stops purring to meow. I was vaguely surprised.

‘Meow,’ said the cat again.

I looked down at him, he was purring once more. I looked back to my book.

‘Meow,’ the cat stopped purring and looked at me.

‘Everything OK puss?’ I asked.

‘Yes fine thanks,’ he said.

I looked around the room, realizing that I was the only one there and I wasn’t looking at the cat when I heard words.

‘Did you just talk to me?’ I asked.

‘Meow,’ he said

Hmm, I pretended to look at my book and asked another question spying intently out of the corner of my eye.

‘Are you hungry?’

‘No.’

I saw it, he said it, I know it and I bet you won’t believe it!

24 comments:

  1. Cats are funny that way. You never know what they're going to do next. Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are so smart, I do believe kitty spoke!

    Its purr vibrating the book's pages is a wonderful way to describe.

    Smiled at the cat's polite manners. One can never tell with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purr...Meow...Purr...Meow....Yes, fine thanks.

    Oh, how cute! I always believed cats could talk.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. I hear people talking to me and I'm the only one in the house. Fun write here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats are devious.

    But ask a dog "are you hungry?" they never say "no."

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me from the title. GREAT TITLE! LOL and very cute write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have quite a few cat stories I could tell you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bahaha. I have heard it all now. A talking Kitty? You need to teach it some more tricks so u can start making money out of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece of writing.
    I thinks cats are just clever enough and just smug enough to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitty spoke! Love it. Cats would do that too just because they have attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! That was fun! I'm such a cat person - I totally know this is true!

    Very cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent reading, thanks for that! (I love talking cats, especially the deceiver type, heh)

    Thanks Jemi, for pointing me here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I've always thought that cats look like they are up to something. Now I know what. Maybe they are too smart to talk. Surely, we would put them to work! Fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. With cats, you just never know. There are so many possibilities with cats! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all so much for reading and commenting on my little ditty story. I really appreciate you dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The things we know are true Michelle.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm. Nutty writer or gifted kitty? Someone's adapted...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the reason cats don't talk to us more often is that they dont feel like condescending to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't like cats much, and this didn't help. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....