Sunday, January 3, 2010

Guest Blog


Please welcome my guest blogger....

My sister Thea who writes on her own blog Do I Really Wanna Blog?

Thanks big sis! Please feel welcome head over to her blog

I asked her to write something about writing, and this was her response ...

I've never considered myself as a writer. I've never even wanted to be a writer at any point in my life. My sister was always the one who wanted to write. I, on the other hand, thought I hated writing. I hated writing assignments, I hated even more having to write stories. Fiction is not my thing, I just don't have the head for it.

Recently, however, (well, less than a year ago) I discovered a little blue bird called Twitter. Twitter has become a big part of my life as a stay-at-home-Mum. I slowly discoved and came to understand this thing called blogging which many of my tweeps kept tweeting about. At first I pffted at the links and was slightly annoyed that my tweeps weren't actually tweeting but promoting something. Then I started to read some, and then some more, until I became hooked and started to follow the ones that made me laugh or nod my head. I got to the point where I was starting to feel a bit inferior. These bloggers seemed so eloquent, witty, clever...and I was just a stay-at-home-Mum who at best could string together something mildly amusing within the 140 character limit on Twitter. I wished I could be eloquent and witty and clever, too.

The thought kept rolling around in my head until I actually believed I might be able to do this blogging thing myself. So one day, I bit the bullet and my blog was born. I appropriately called it, "Do I Really Wanna Blog?." And it seems I do have quite a lot to say, and I can string together more than 140 characters, and people really are interested in what I have to say. I have followers and regular readers and a ridiculous number of hits. It's the most liberating, upliftting feeling. I feel I have my confidence back, I belong back in the world (not just in my home), and I feel smart and clever and witty (sometimes, anyhow).

So now I do call myself a writer (of sorts) and a blogger and I'm very proud of it!

2 comments:

  1. Sisters are the best guest-bloggers (I'm a little biased, though)! I'm glad you introduced us to her blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are my friend, and a good one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....