Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Saturday

My Saturday was…

We have many plastic bins with lids to sort the kids’ toys. One for Lego, one for Barbie, one for Polly Pocket etc.

I walked into one of the bedrooms and the door knocked over one of the plastic containers… Hmmm bits and piece of everything spilled onto the floor…

Grrrr kids! [outside playing] I’ll do it then… Start sorting… Polly… Barbie… Clothing that needed a wash…

Take the dirty dolly clothes to the basket, basket overflowing remember I was going to do a couple of loads of washing, begin to sort dirty clothes…find some clean shirts… shake them out…

Take the clean shirts to my daughter’s cupboard to hang them and notice its bulging. Check the sizes and pull out all the size 4’s (miss 6 has finally grown those ones)…

Make 2 piles one to put away for miss 2 to grow into and one pile to give to a friend… Take one pile to box… box is full… find a new box… notice a pile of books on the floor…

Pick up books and put them on the shelf… where was that box?

Kids come in and are ready to start making toilet roll nativity thanks for the idea Squigglemum :)

Get them to clear their desks and pull out the bits and pieces needed… the box…

Go back to full box, seal and label… notice dish drainer full…

Clear dish drainer ‘Cut this please mum, stick this for me, hold this while I glue it’ … notice sink is full…

Start to wash dishes, stopping regularly to help the little crafty ones...

Back to the dishes… now, where is a new box?

Find a new box to put size 4’s into. Place clothes for friend on table… see a box of hand-me-downs from big cousin - hair bands, clips and jewellery….

Begin to sort big cousin’s pass ons between three girls… OH the dishes…

Return to finish washing dishes… middle child has crafty meltdown … put her in timeout… MIL rings…

Chat chat chat…bye… remember I was doing a load of washing…

Go back to sorting the washing … oh, I was thinking about visiting Mum today – my sister’s kids will be there…

Ring Mum, while putting the washing in the machine. While chatting, notice more books on the floor…

Hang up, pick up books and put on the shelf, see hair bands which have now become bangles on my boy????? See sealed and labeled box …

Pick up the size 4 box and put it… well somewhere to get it out of the way… see the computer…

Check email, sit for a minute or two… Dad rings…

Mum had to rush to her mother (my Grandma) – she’d pressed her emergency button…

I pretty much drop everything and head out to Mums incase I need to sit my niece and nephew if Mum has stay with Grandma…

Arrive… Grandma OK… Mum home…

RELAX…see boxes that need sorting at mums…

Size 2’s for my miss2…while I’m at, it sort through all the girl boxes stored at mums…

Return home at dark to… what I’d left…

Which would be OK if this was a one off … but this is how I live… multi-tasking not finishing much…starting lots…


2010 Goal… become a finisher…

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Sounds like a day in the life for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny, because I think it was Friday(?) I was going to blog exactly the same thing!!! But, I must have got sidetracked.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are SO not alone in this. Thanks for sharing it because you
    A - made me laugh and
    B - made me remember as mums we are all in this together.
    Thanks for the shout out too... hope your kidlets have fun making their nativity scene! Bless you heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen, Thea and Cath, thanks for reading. Hehehe you've gotta laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds like the kind of day I have from time to time when I tackle the house and its assortment of this, that and everything else that a 5 year old and her working full-time mummy has!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....