Friday, December 4, 2009

French Toast

Yesterday we made French Toast for afternoon tea - inspired by Playschool.

You'll need...
*2-3 eggs
*1/2 cup milk (approx)
cinnamon (optional)
Butter to cook with.

Get the kids to crack the eggs into a cup and pour them into something just larger than a slice of bread.
Measure the milk and pour it in.
Sprinkle in a couple of shakes of cinnamon.
Whisk or mix with a fork.
Heat a teaspoon of butter in a fry pan.
Place bread into egg mix let soak for a about 15 seconds turn and do the same on the other side.
Place bread fry in pan until golden on both sides.
Add a little more butter to the pan for each slice.
Serve with maple syrup or honey.

We used normal grainy bread and gluten free grain bread.

2 eggs was enough for 4 slices of bread.

Simple, quick, easy, yummy ... enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. It is so important to cook with your kids! French toast is always a hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is I have to go and buy more eggs! The kids are asking for it daily now. Thanks for reading and commenting Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. My kids love to cook, I let them make choc chip muffins by themselves, it is fun and messy!

    I would love it if you could follow my blog, and I can return the favour!!! M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great simple recipe for kids. I haven't had french toast in ages!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....