Friday, August 28, 2009

A Moment In My World

In a moment, in my world, there was a slight, but very real possibility of extreme heartache. In a moment that felt like an eternity. In a moment there was no reason to be concerned with anything but love and what means the most to me, the most precious things in my world.

As I turned off the vacuum cleaner to plug it into another power point, I heard my mobile ring. I was not at home, the rooms that I was vacuuming were in an office like nature where there is a car park out the front and approximately 15 meters from the door is a road.

So I answer my phone, expecting it to be my husband who was running 30 minutes late. He was meeting me to pick up the kids.

While speaking on the phone I noticed my girls in one room and my boy on a couch playing his DS but my almost 2 year old was not with them. Five minutes earlier I had closed the front sliding door near where she was playing with the girls, and asked them, miss 6 and miss 7 to watch her but they had moved.

I looked up and first saw someone had opened the door. My eyes lifted to see little miss almost 2 heading toward the road, in a couple more steps she would have been on the road.

My eyes fixed on her but I was so very aware of the truck and car that passed behind her on the road, the cars parked on the curb which blocked any driver’s vision of my baby, the beautiful gardens which also hid what only I could see.

With my mind in overdrive, I hoped for supernatural intervention, I thought logically if I ran toward her, she might think I was playing chase and turn and run onto the road. I yelled ‘NO!’ ‘Louella!’ ‘Stop!’ I threw the phone down and walked towards my baby with all the hope in the world. She loves to run into our open arms, I don’t know if it was supernatural or if it was wisdom, with arms wide open I continued toward her.

She turned back toward the road, again I said, ‘Baby, stop!’ So precious, she was pointing to a big yellow bouncy ball which had rolled down the driveway and onto the road.

Thankfully she did run into my open arms. I gave grateful thanks to my Lord. I hugged all four children; I was very shaken but not angry. I had given them too much responsibility without being clear.

I didn’t finish the vacuuming. Hubby rang back wondering what on earth had just happened. I drove home in a daze, looking at the whole situation through different lenses. Not many cars were driving in the car park, the ball actually wasn’t in direct line to where cars were driving on the road, it was actually in the driveway where someone would usually slow down and would have seen her. I pray daily for supernatural protection, it was there all along.

It was a moment in my day, in my life, in my world. A moment I will never forget and a moment I will be eternally thankful for protection and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

3 comments:

  1. I have the biggest lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this made my heart beat to hard in my chest.

    So glad it was all okay.

    Christie
    http://childhood101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fright that must have given you. I love that you could have chosen to be angry with your kids, but saw instead God's protection and admitted where you could have parented differently. That makes you an amazing mum. Not a perfect one, but an amazing one. Bless you heaps.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....